Many people wondered what would happen on Dec 21 2012. Many people predicted the end of the world as we know it. I am here to tell you, they were right.
The sentence is wrong mind you but the statement is 100% spot on.
There are a few terms that are required understanding to see the kernel of truth in that statement. With some help from Wikipedia I'll describe them thusly.
- (from the Latin revolutio, "a turn around") is a fundamental change in power or organizational structures that takes place in a relatively short period of time.
- a movement that profoundly affects intellectual life.
- use of computing technology in information processing. Computation is a process that follows a well-defined model and expressed as, for example, an algorithm, or a protocol. The study of computation is paramount to the discipline of computer science.
- Computational models:
- a mathematical model that with the required extensive resources enables us to study the behavior of various complex systems by simulation.
- Used in the broadest sense it denotes reliable knowledge about a topic (from Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge") is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe. In an older and closely related meaning (found, for example, in Aristotle), "science" refers to the body of reliable knowledge itself, of the type that can be logically and rationally explained.
So why do I say its the end of the world, as we know it?
Its obvious it was not the end of the world. Yet it was the end of the world, as you know it. Think about this. How do you know the world? What do we really know?